If agreed by the doctor, repeat prescriptions can be obtained without an appointment.
Requests for repeat prescriptions can be made:
- via online services – list of current online service providers is available here https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/gps/online-health-and-prescription-services/
- in writing (handwritten or computer slip)
- dropped into the repeat prescription request boxes (inside and outside the building)
- handed into the pharmacy of your choice
- Via the dedicated tab on AskMyGp
Please note: to avoid any error, we cannot take prescription requests via telephone
NHS electronic prescription services
This service allows prescriptions to be sent electronically from the surgery to your nominated pharmacy for collection. Please speak with your chosen pharmacy or with our reception team if you would like to use this service.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed. Due to the high volume of prescriptions we are unable to contact patients to let them know their prescription is ready for collection.
NHS Prescription Charges/Exemptions
These charges apply in England only.
- Current prescription charge – £9.35 per item
- Three-month PPC – £30.25. This will save you money if you need more than three prescribed items in three months
- 12-month PPC – £108.10. This will save you money if you need more than 12 prescribed items in a year
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030 For information about prescription exemptions please visit the NHS website
Minor ailments service
Our local chemists offer a Minor Ailments Scheme which enables patients to get some medications without prescription. Please see this
over the counter medicines leaflet.