The practice will undertake to maintain the premises, equipment, drugs, and procedures to the standards detailed within the Checklist and will undertake to provide facilities and the financial resources to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to reduce or remove all infection risks.
Wherever possible or practicable the practice will seek to use washable or disposable materials for items such as soft furnishings and consumables, e.g. seating materials, wall coverings including paint, bedding, couch rolls, modesty sheets, bed curtains, floor coverings, towels, etc., and ensure that these are laundered, cleaned or changed frequently to minimise the risk of infection.
We aim to keep our practice clean and tidy and offer a safe environment to our patients and staff and we endeavor to ensure it is kept clean and well always maintained.
All clinicians follow our Infection Control Policy to ensure the care we deliver and the equipment we use is safe.
We take additional measures to ensure we maintain the highest standards:
- Encourage staff and patients to raise any issues or report any incidents relating to cleanliness and infection control. We can discuss these and identify improvements we can make to avoid any future problems.
- Carry out an annual infection control audit to make sure our infection control procedures are working.
- Provide annual staff updates and training on cleanliness and infection control
- Review our policies and procedures to make sure they are adequate and meet national guidance.
- Maintain the premises and equipment to a high standard within the available financial resources and ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to reduce or remove all infection risk.
- Use washable or disposable materials for items such as couch rolls, modesty curtains, floor coverings, towels etc, and ensure that these are laundered, cleaned or changed frequently to minimise the risk of infection.
- Make Alcohol Hand Rub Gel available throughout the building